- Please come dressed ready to run as there are no changing facilities on site.
- Bring some warm clothes to wear afterwards!
- We run whatever the weather and the course varies in terrain along roads, tracks and muddy paths through wooded areas.
- Don’t forget: your run number pinned to the front of your running vest/t-shirt. Please remember to complete your details on the reverse of your run number.
- Well behaved dogs on leads are welcome at the event but should not run any of the routes.
- Pushchairs and wheelchair users are welcome to take part in the Mini Mile run but due to the terrain are advised not to take part along the 3 or 5 mile courses.
- There will be a family reunion area in front of the grandstand. Anyone getting separated from their family or group should meet there.
For more information please see our FAQs section.
Event Information Point
If you have any queries before you are ready to run, please go to the Event Information Point near the Main Start area (see map).
Safety Pins will be available in the T-shirt Exchange area near the Start.
You must wear your Run Number on the day. No-one will be allowed to start on the run without their number. Please complete your details on the reverse of your number before you start the run. Safety Pins will be available in the T-shirt Exchange area near the Start.
Please keep to your specified start time detailed in your Run Pack which has been allocated according to the colour of your Run Number. Due to the large number of runners taking part in the event the staggered start times will enable a continual flow of people avoiding congestion entering car parks, at Event Information and at the Finish.
Schools: If you are running with a school they will have been allocated a start time for you.
3 & 5 Mile Start times
||9.30am – 10.15am
||10.15am – 11.00am
||11.00am – 11.45am
||11.45am – 12.30pm
||Check with your School or online
LAST START 3 & 5 MILE START: 12.45pm
Younger runners taking part in the Mini Mile event are invited to start their run any time between 10.00am and 12.30pm from the Mini Mile Start line. Come along whenever suits you best!
The first 2 miles and the last mile of the 3 and 5 mile courses are the same. At the 2 mile point you have the option to take the route for the 3 mile course or extend your run and take the route for the 5 mile course. You can make this decision on the day.
Unfortunately we are not able to allow dogs to run on the course for safety reasons. However, we do welcome well behaved dogs on leads on the event site.
The Mini Mile course joins the last section of the 3 and 5 mile course. Please be aware that once the course reaches the racecourse there will be younger runners sharing the route with you. Slower runners are advised to keep to the left of the running course so that faster runners are able to overtake to the right.
Don’t forget to take photos at the Selfie Stations at the mile marker points along the course and share them on social media! @NECCRrun @NECCR #CCRun
This is a Cross Country Fun Run, not a timed race. There will be big clocks at the Start and at the Finish so all runners are able to keep a record of your run time if you wish. Once you cross the finish line remember to collect your limited edition 35th anniversary medal, your Greggs picnic, a drink, and a t-shirt for all child runners with our sincere thanks for running.
A family reunion area is based in front of the grandstand. Anyone getting separated from their family or group should meet there.
After you have finished the run, please stay around for a while to soak up the atmosphere, enjoy the entertainment on offer including Metro Radio’s roadshow bus, a fun fair, a climbing wall from the Army Cadets and much more.