- In the interest of safety and security there will be nowhere to leave unattended baggage at the event. Please limit the amount of kit you bring with you and where possible, leave all bags in your vehicle. There are no changing facilities on site so please come dressed ready to run.
- Bring some warm clothes to wear afterwards!
- We run whatever the weather and the course varies in terrain along roads, tracks and muddy paths through wooded areas.
- Don’t forget: your run number pinned to the front of your running vest/t-shirt. Please remember to complete your details on the reverse of your run number.
- Well behaved dogs on leads are welcome at the event but should not run any of the routes.
- Pushchairs and wheelchair users are welcome to take part in the Mini Mile run but due to the terrain are advised not to take part along the 3 or 5 mile courses.
- There will be a family reunion area in front of the grandstand in the Event Village which are A-Z flag banners provided by Rosen (UK) Ltd, proud supporters of the Children’s Cancer Run. Anyone getting separated from their family or group should meet there under the banner which correlates with the first letter of their surname (e.g. Miss Brown would meet under the A-C banner).
- Please bring your own water to keep hydrated as there are no water stations along the route.
- Anyone wishing to enter on the day must go to the Event Information Point to register.
For more information please see our FAQs section.
Event Information Point
If you have any queries before you are ready to run, please go to the Event Information Point near the Main Start area (see map).
Anyone wishing to enter the Children’s Cancer Run on the day must visit the Event Information Point to register.
Safety Pins will be available in the T-shirt Exchange area near the Start, NOT the Event Information Point.
You must wear your Run Number on the day. No-one will be allowed to start on the run without their number. Please complete your details on the reverse of your number before you start the run. Safety Pins will be available in the T-shirt Exchange area near the Start.
Please keep to your specified start time detailed in your Run Pack which has been allocated according to the colour of your Run Number. Due to the large number of runners taking part in the event the staggered start times will enable a continual flow of people avoiding congestion entering and exiting car parks, along narrow sections on the course, at Event Information and at the Finish.
Schools: If you are running with a school they will have been allocated a school start time and car park for you.
Start times (for 3 & 5 mile distances unless otherwise specified)
|Run Number||Start Time|
|Wave 1||9.30am – 10.15am|
|Wave 2||10.15am – 11.00am|
|Wave 3||11.00am – 11.45am|
|Wave 4||11.45am – 12.30pm|
|Schools||School runners: Check with your School or online|
|Mini Mile||Mini Mile Runners (1 mile): Start any time between 9.45am and 12.30pm from the Mini Mile Start line|
LAST START TIME FOR 3 & 5 MILE: 12.30pm
Younger runners taking part in the Mini Mile event are invited to start their run any time between 9.45am and 12.30pm from the Mini Mile Start line. Come along whenever suits you best!
Please Note: Any adult running with a child on the Mini Mile run is required to wear a blue ‘Accompanying Adult’ run number if they have not paid for an Adult entry.
The first 2 miles and the last mile of the 3 and 5 mile courses are the same. At the 2 mile point you have the option to take the route for the 3 mile course or extend your run and take the route for the 5 mile course. You can make this decision on the day.
Unfortunately we are not able to allow dogs to run on the course for safety reasons. However, we do welcome well behaved dogs on leads on the event site.
The Mini Mile course joins the last section of the 3 and 5 mile course. Please be aware that once the course reaches the racecourse there will be younger runners sharing the route with you. Slower runners are advised to keep to the left of the running course so that faster runners are able to overtake to the right.
Course Marshals are available at regular points along the way to help you if you require any assistance.
Don’t forget to take photos at the Selfie Stations at the mile marker points along the course and share them on social media! @NECCRrun @NECCR @NECCR_Fund #CCRun
This is a Cross Country Fun Run, not a timed race. There will be big clocks at the Start and at the Finish so all runners are able to keep a record of your run time if you wish. If you have paid for a run entry, once you cross the finish line remember to collect your limited edition 37th anniversary medal, your Greggs snack pack, a drink, and a t-shirt for all child runners with our sincere thanks for running.
A family reunion area is based in the Event Village near the T-Shirt Tent and Metro Radio Roadshow Bus. Anyone getting separated from their family or group should meet there under the banner which correlates with the first letter of their surname (e.g. Master Roberts would meet under the Q-S banner).
After you have finished the run, please stay around for a while to soak up the atmosphere, enjoy the entertainment on offer including Metro Radio’s roadshow bus, a fun fair, activities from the Army and Police Cadets and NECCR and much more.