NECCR is stopping the distribution of its’ charity collection bags
From 31st August 2020, NECCR will no longer be distributing it’s charity bags as a form of fundraising.
As a charity, we are increasingly focused on our impact on the environment – in our events, in our operations and as individual team members and as a result have decided to stop this activity – here are a few of the reasons behind our decision.
- Based on feedback from our supporters we’ve listened and taken action. We have used third party provider, Unicare to undertake this work for us and have agreed to stop the service from 31st August.
- We are keen to be as environmentally friendly as possible and although clothes recycling is a good thing the plastic that is generated isn’t.
- This is part of our drive to be environmentally responsible. We have already significantly reduced the use of plastic at our events like the Children’s Cancer Run, and are looking to spread our sustainable efforts elsewhere.
- Although this means you can no longer recycle clothes with the benefits going to us there are many other options such as local charity shops and clothes banks at supermarkets, and we would encourage you to carry on giving where you can to these other outlets.
Since June 2017 Unicare have helped us raise £100,500
We’d like to say a big thank you to Unicare for the partnership which has helped NECCR raise over one hundred thousand pounds over the past 3 years. It’s a huge amount of money and we are grateful for all donations supporters have made and the collections made by Unicare.
- While we believe this is the right decision to make for us it does mean we have closed a revenue stream at an already difficult time.
- If you would like to continue to support us we would love you to participate in our virtual climb challenge (Launching 1st September), organise your own fundraising activity or consider becoming a regular donor. You can make a monthly donation via this link from as little as £2 a month or whatever you can afford.